Fall: a time of year that doesn’t really exist in Colorado. We launch straight from the heat of summer time to the cool winter temperatures fairly quickly, with the color of the leaves changing depending on when the first snow hits or how cold it is. We try to predict the peak of color, but every year is a challenge for getting out and beating crowds at the best locations. For this fall photography contest, we’ve decided to push beyond the typical fall photos in Colorado, and broaden the possibilities for all entrants.
Our theme for our fall photography contest is simply Colorado. Because it’s hard to pinpoint the seasons in our great state, choose your favorite images taken around Colorado to submit. You can submit traditional landscape, cityscape, urban landscape, or lifestyle photos—they just have to be taken in Colorado! Share your Colorado moments with us and our customers by entering! We will be selecting 15 final images to hang in the store between November 2014 and January 2015. You may submit portrait or landscape format images.
- There is no fee to enter the contest, however all selected images must be printed at Englewood Camera. Final prints should be 16×24″ for landscape, or 13×19” for portrait. Englewood Camera will print and dry mount the images for you, and offer a discount of 20% on the printing (we will pay for the dry mount). You will be able to keep the prints after the show ends (roughly late December 2014).
- Please submit no more than three (3) images per person. Images must be sized for web, with an ideal resolution of 2880 pixels wide at 72dpi.
- Work must be current; please submit images no older than five years to be considered.
- Images (with descriptions of each) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Fall Photo Contest” in the subject line. You will receive a confirmation email from Erin upon receipt of images.
- Entries must be received no later than Saturday, October 18th at 11:59pm MST. Any images received after this deadline will not be considered for entry into the contest.
- All photographs entered in the contest must belong to the entrant. Any suspected copyright issues will be rejected from the contest.
- Submissions to the contest must include image title, description, name of photographer and contact information.
- Winners will be notified via email by October 25th 2014. At that time, winners will be asked to submit a full-resolution file of the winning image for print.