- Zone mode, allowing you to choose a 3×3, 5×3 or 5×5 zone from the 77-point AF area. When combined with the AF-C continuous focusing mode, the camera tracks a subject in the center of the selected zone. In Wide/Tracking mode, the camera displays the area in focus, identified automatically out of the 77-point AF area, and tracks the subject across the entire 77-point AF area.
- Single-point AF divides the focus area into smaller sections to more accurately determine the distance to the subject for even greater focusing accuracy. The built-in phase detection pixels have the detection range of 0.5EV, an improvement from the previous 2.5EV, delivering phase detection AF performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low-contrast subjects.
- Activate Face Detection to automatically detect human faces and focus with Eye Detection AF to ensure accurate focus on human eyes, even when using a shallow depth-of-field. Combine these two functions to take your portrait photography to a new level.
- The new AF system features an Auto Macro function that eliminates pressing the Macro button before shooting close-ups while maintaining the conventional AF speed. This update eliminates the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button, allowing you to assign a different function to the button.
- The optimized algorithm delivers more natural, smooth AF action during movie recording.
Aside from autofocus features, the new firmware also:
- Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation: when the Shutter Speed Dial is set to T and the Shutter Type to Mechanical + Electronic, you can use the command dial to set a full range of exposure times from 30-1/32000sec. Previously, this was limited to 30-2 seconds. This means you can change the shutter speeds across a broader range without having to change camera position. This is particularly useful when shooting in the portrait orientation with the Vertical Battery Grip VG-XT1 attached.
- Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion: Silent Mode has been renamed to Speaker + Flash OFF.
- Finer lines on the framing grid to enhance visibility: The lines on the framing grid, which you can choose to display in the Screen Set-Up menu, have been made finer making it easier to view the subject.
To update your firmware, please visit Fujifilm’s support page here.