It’s summer time in Colorado, which means a wonderful opportunity to get your creative juices flowing at any number of events, local parks, or on a cool escape to the mountains! To celebrate summer photography, Englewood Camera is offering a unique photo contest, where participants can check out the very awesome Lensbaby Velvet 56 to push the creative boundaries of photography.
What is the Lensbaby Velvet 56? A take on the classic portrait lens–such as a 50mm f/1.2–the Velvet 56 has 3 primary uses. When used with its fastest apertures (f/1.6, f/2, f/2.8), the lens functions as a soft focus, creative effects tool. When used with mid-range apertures (f/4-f/16), the Velvet 56 offers a classic portrait-lens look, with sharp focus and creamy bokeh that rivals the Sigma Art lenses. Lastly, the Velvet 56 functions as a pseudo-macro lens, with a minimum focus distance of one-half an inch, or a 1:2 macro. So, whether you specialize in fine art photography, or portrait photography, this lens is a wonderful tool to add more creative kick to your images!
How the contest works:
You will be able to check out a Velvet 56 for your own camera–available mounts are Canon, Nikon, Fujifilm and Sony–for a period of 2 days. There are no restrictions or themes for subject matter; images submitted only need to be shot with the Velvet 56. To check out a Velvet 56, please email Erin, firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will get you the details.
- All images must be shot with the Velvet 56.
- 3 entries per person are allowed, with images adhering to the 3 main uses of the Velvet 56; i.e. one image shot using a soft-focus technique, one utilizing the mid-range apertures (f/4-f/16), one using the lens as for macro focus, or any combination thereof. A model release must be obtained for any images containing people.
- Images must be delivered as high-resolution, ready-for-print files. We have created a private Flickr Group, called Lensbaby Photo Contest, that we will grant entrants’ access to for submissions. Visit this link, accept the rules, and upload your files for review. Files may be watermarked in the lower left-hand corner for copyright reasons, but this is up to the discretion of the entrant.
- The contest will be open from Monday, July 18 through Saturday, July 30th. The checkout period for the Velvet 56 will be from July 18-27. The winner will be announced on Friday, August 5th 2016.
- The winner of the contest will receive a FREE Lensbaby Velvet 56 in the mount of his/her choice!