- Zone mode, allowing you to choose a 3×3, 5×3 or 5×5 zone from the 77-point AF area. When combined with the AF-C continuous focusing mode, the camera tracks a subject in the center of the selected zone. In Wide/Tracking mode, the camera displays the area in focus, identified automatically out of the 77-point AF area, and tracks the subject across the entire 77-point AF area.
- Single-point AF divides the focus area into smaller sections to more accurately determine the distance to the subject for even greater focusing accuracy. The built-in phase detection pixels have the detection range of 0.5EV, an improvement from the previous 2.5EV, delivering phase detection AF performance that enables fast focusing in low-light conditions and on low-contrast subjects.
- Activate Face Detection to automatically detect human faces and focus with Eye Detection AF to ensure accurate focus on human eyes, even when using a shallow depth-of-field. Combine these two functions to take your portrait photography to a new level.
- The new AF system features an Auto Macro function that eliminates pressing the Macro button before shooting close-ups while maintaining the conventional AF speed. This update eliminates the Macro function assigned to the Macro Button, allowing you to assign a different function to the button.
- The optimized algorithm delivers more natural, smooth AF action during movie recording.
Englewood Camera customer Doug Garvey decided to invest in the Fujifilm X-Series system back in June 2014. As an avid fly fisher, and travel/class coordinator for Anglers All, Doug needed a camera that is lightweight, high quality, and weather proof for his fishing excursions, so he snagged an X-T1 and a few lenses to document nature and his passion for fishing. His new found love for photography, combined with his love of fishing, sparked a proposal idea. Doug’s girlfriend, Corrine, had been interested in a fly rod to use as decor in their apartment, so he set to work over this past summer to create the perfect fly rod to use in his marriage proposal, and decided to document the entire moment with his Fuji X-T1.
Englewood Camera is pleased to announce upcoming demo days for Fuji cameras on Friday, July 18th from 12:00-5:00pm. We will have tech reps from Fuji in the store with gear for you to check out and to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to bring your X-Series camera in for a free firmware update too! Learn more about this amazing camera system here.
Join us Saturday, July 19th for a photo walk in downtown Denver: you’ll be able to get hands-on experience with the Fujifilm X-T1, Fujifilm X-E2, Fujifilm X100s, and full selection of Fujinon XF lenses! There will be plenty of demo gear available for you to check out, and we’ll have a few breaks for you to swap lenses or cameras. Professional photographer and award-winning photojournalist Matthew Jonas will serve as a guide and instructor to show you great photo opportunities around the 15th & Platte neighborhood, LoHi neighborhood, and other areas of downtown Denver. Fujifilm tech reps will be on hand to answer your questions about the gear as you shoot. Cost to attend is $25, and Englewood Camera will provide lunch.
Click here to register for the photo walk.
On Saturday, July 26, Englewood Camera and Matthew Jonas will offer a follow-up critique session with drinks and snacks at the store to review your 10 best shots from the photo walk, discuss what you learned, and simply have a great time looking at each others images!
Fujifilm officially announced a brand new, weather-sealed lens to its growning X-Series lens lineup: the 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS R will be available sometime in July 2014. Features of this new lens include:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with more than 20 sealing points
- 0.10 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Powerful optical image stabilization minimizes shake and blur in low light
- Two high-precision gyro sensors with quartz oscillators to detect movement from high frequency to low frequency
- Air ventilator in the interior of the bottom of the lens barrel effectively prevents dust particles and moisture from getting into the lens, and allows for smooth operation and improved feel when adjusting the zoom
- Optical system uses 4 high-precision aspherical lenses and 2 anomalous dispersion glass lenses that maximize performance of the FUJFILM X-Trans sensor
- HT-EBC multi-layer coating to minimize ghosting
- Seven-blade aperture diaphragm that helps create smooth and round bokeh effects
- Advanced 5.0-stop image stabilization system that improves movement detection in the low-frequency band
- Minimum working distance of 45cm (17.7in)
Retail on the 18-135mm will be $899. Please call us for pre-orders.
Save the date! Englewood Camera is very pleased to announce upcoming demo days for Fujifilm products, where you can get your hands on the latest cameras and lenses! Check out the brand new Fujifilm X-T1, Fujinon XF 10-24mm f/4R OIS, and more! Join us Friday, March 14th and Saturday, March 15th for this event. Many Fujinon lenses are on sale right now, too, so don’t forget to check out great prices available in-store.
In addition to hands-on tests of gear here in the store, Englewood Camera will be offering a two-hour workshop for existing Fuji customers. Photographing with an X series camera is an experience. Make your experience more streamlined with this two hour workshop that will cover basic camera settings, custom camera settings and optimization of your camera so you get the shot. Our workshop is free of charge, and is taught by James Dewhirst. James is a seasoned professional, and has used a variety of Fuji products, including the new X-T1. If you feel like you aren’t getting the most out of your Fuji camera, are new to Fuji, or could just use a few pointers, this workshop is for you!
To register for this workshop, please visit our online registration form here.
Stay tuned for more exciting details about our Fuji event.
There have been rumors about a new X-Series camera to Fuji’s popular line, and the announcement is officially here! This morning, Fujifilm announced the X-T1, a weather-resistant, interchangeable lens camera with an OLED electronic viewfinder, and 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor. Details from the official press release are as follows:
The FUJIFILM X-T1 now gives professional and enthusiast photographers the award-winning imaging power of the X-Series in a water, dust and temperature resistant body that braves outdoor challenges like never before.
OLED viewfinder perfection
The FUJIFILM X-T1 combines a unique wide-angle 2.36m dot resolution OLED view with the world’s highest magnification (0.77x) for a digital camera *2 and shortest display lag-time of just 0.005sec*3 to react as quickly as you need in any environment. The OLED viewfinder also includes cutting-edge technology to bring users even closer to their subjects. The X-T1’s viewfinder uses a newly designed Graphic User Interface that provides an exciting shooting experience with clear details and a comfortable at-a-glance view of your settings.
The X-T1 has four OLED EVF Display Modes:
- “FULL” mode takes full advantage of the high magnification ratio of the X-T1’s viewfinder to give an unrivalled view of the scene
- “NORMAL” provides an optimum view, including shooting settings
- “DUAL” is specially designed for manual focusing with a clever split view. The regular view and manual focus area can be simultaneously checked (with Digital Split ImageTM or Focus Peak Highlight)*4
- “PORTRAIT” view in “NORMAL” and “FULL” modes automatically rotates the displayed information when the camera is held vertically
Award-winning 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II
The FUJIFILM X-T1 uses the award-wining EXR Processor II and X-Trans™ CMOS II sensor with built in phase detection that delivers an astonishing response time of just 0.08 seconds and a super-fast 0.5 second start-up time*5, along with a 0.05 second shutter time lag and a 0.5 second shooting interval*6.
The X-T1 can also shoot up to 8 frames per second*7 with tracking AF and is the first-ever CSC*8 to be compatible with SDXC UHS-II format memory cards for data writing speed (in Continuous Mode) that is approximately twice that of a conventional SD card.
Tough, weather-resistant design
The FUJIFILM X-T1 is the first weather-resistant X-Series CSC (when used with a weather-resistant lens) that performs in a wide range of challenging environments. The X-T1 uses more than 75 points of weather sealing, and the camera body is dust-resistant and water-resistant. The X-T1 is also freezeproof to -14°F for full-fledged field photography work, while the premium clear 3” LCD screen with 1.04 million dot resolution is made of tempered glass for additional outdoor protection.
Traditional handling, modern response
With five mechanical dials on the top-plate, two command dials; one on the front and one on the rear, and six fully customizable function buttons, the FUJIFILM X-T1 feels and functions like a proper photographic tool in the hand. The top-plate includes two machined-aluminum double-deck dials for the shutter speed and metering, and the ISO sensitivity and drive modes, and each is designed to turn with a reassuring click, while their textured surfaces gives a firm confirmation when setting up a shot.
With their exposure values clearly marked, the X-T1’s settings can be checked at a glance without using the rear LCD and the dials are perfectly arranged so that functions can be changed without removing your eye from the viewfinder. The six customizable function buttons and two command-dials arranged on the front and rear complete the picture, ensuring instant setting satisfaction.
WiFi and remote camera operation
The X-T1 one-touch WiFi connectivity lets you easily share images to your smartphone or tablet – pictures that these devices cannot capture – and remote shooting via smartphone or tablet using the Fujifilm Camera Remote app for unique capture opportunities.
Additional grip and weather resistant lenses
The optional vertical battery grip (VG-XT1) has the same hardy structure as the X-T1, so when added to the body, it is completely secured against the elements.
Fujifilm is launching three weather-resistant zoom lenses to complement the X-T1 camera in 2014, including the XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R OIS WR, XF16-55mmF2.8 R OIS WR and the XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS WR.
FUJIFILM X-T1 key features list:
- 16.3 million Megapixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Dust and water-resistant body with approximately 80 points of weather sealing. Freeze resistance to -14°F
- EXR Processor II
- World’s fastest AF of 0.08 seconds
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Highest viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x
- Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
- Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005sec (less than 1/10 of existing models)
- Four different display modes: Full, Normal, Dual and Vertical.
- Full mode: Displays shooting information at the top and bottom of the screen to avoid obstruction of the view
- Dual mode: Adds a small second screen for checking focus point with Focus Peak Highlight or Digital Split Image
- Normal mode: Lets you concentrate on framing the shot in Auto Focus mode while keeping you aware of how the shooting conditions are changing, making it the perfect setting for sports and action photography
- Portrait mode: When in Full or Normal modes, it rotates the shooting information interface when the camera is turned vertically
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
- Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking
- World’s first compatibility with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SD memory cards
- Vertical battery grip VG-XT1 and three new zoom lenses offer the same weather resistance to secure the entire system
- Redesigned circuit board design enables high ISO 51200 setting*9
- ISO200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto(maximum ISO setting from ISO 400 – ISO6400 available)
- Lens Modulation Optimizer technology maximizes each lens’ performance
- In-camera RAW converter
- Die-cast magnesium body provides a sturdy and durable, while compact and lightweight design
- Body and grip designed for correct balance when attaching telephoto and large-diameter lenses
- Two command dials and six Function buttons for instant control and customization
- Interval timer shooting for Time Lapse photography is available with intervals of 1 second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames
FUJIFILM X-T1 accessories:
- Dedicated all-leather case BLC-XT1 New
- Vertical battery grip VG-XT1 New
- Hand Grip MHG-XT New
- Four dedicated flash models to choose from depending on requirements (EF-X8 New, EF-X20, EF-20, EF-42)
- Protector filters (PRF-39, PRF-52, PRF-58, PRF-62 and PRF-72 (For XF10-24mmF4 R OIS) New)
- DC coupler CP-W126 NEW
- AC adapter AC-9V NEW
- M Mount Adapter for additional lens compatibility
- Remote release RR-90
- Stereo Microphone MIC-ST1
The FUJIFILM X-T1 (body only) will be available for $1,299.95, and the X-T1 with the XF18mm-55mm (27-84mm) F2.8-4 lens (kit) will be available for $1699.95, both in February 2014. The FUJIFILM X-T1 uses the same FUJIFILM X-Mount as the X-Pro1, X-E2, X-E1, X-M1 and X-A1, and all FUJIFILM XF and XC lenses work with all X-Series interchangeable lens cameras.
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
*1: Fastest AF speed among digital cameras equipped with an APS-C or larger sensor. Measurement conducted by Fujifilm research based on CIPA guidelines using the X-T1 equipped with XF14mmF2.8 R lens in High Performance mode as of January 2014
*2: Highest VF magnification ratio among digital cameras. Fujifilm research as of January 2014. Approx. 0.77x magnification with a 50mm lens (35mm format equivalent) set to infinity and -1.0DP
*3: Fujifilm research as of January 2014
*4: “X-Trans” and “Digital Sprit Image” are a trademark or registered trademark of FUJIFILM Corporation.
*5: Equipped with XF27mmF2.8 in High Performance mode
*6: MF mode
*7: AF-C shooting mode
*8: RAW shooting mode
*9: Expended output sensitivity