Just announced and available for preorder at Englewood Camera–the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. Boasting a new set of features, the 5D Mark IV has a new 30.4mp full-frame CMOS sensor, 4K video, 61-point High Density Reticular AF II system, dual pixel RAW, and WiFi, making it an exceptional imaging and video tool. Continue reading Canon Announces New EOS 5D Mark IV
Sony is starting shipments on the brand new A7 Mark II–the latest in its full-frame mirrorless camera lineup. Put your name on Englewood Camera’s waitlist today!
Sony announced a new full frame mirrorless camera to it’s very attractive, very popular Alpha system this weekend. The new α7S is designed for users shooting both video and stills; this innovative camera offers a powerful BIONZ X image processor, allowing it to shoot at a sensitivity range of ISO 50 – 409600 with unprecedented dynamic range and low noise. The α7S is the world’s first camera to utilize the entire width of a full-frame image sensor in 4K video acquisition. It does this without cropping or line skipping as it can read and process data from every one of the sensor’s pixels. This allows 4K video shooters to utilize all of the artistic and creative benefits provided by the unique sensor.
For the first time ever in a Sony α camera, the α7S adopts the workflow-friendly XAVC S recording format in addition to AVCHD and MP4 codecs. XAVC S format allows for full HD recording at a data rate of 50 mbps with lower compression for improved video quality. The α7S can record full HD (1920×1080) at frame rates of 60p, 60i, 30p and 24p directly to a compatible memory card. Video modes can be changed from full-frame to APS-C (super 35mm equivalent) if desired, and in this crop mode, the camera can support high frame rate 120fps shooting at standard HD resolution (1280 x 720p), creating a 5x slow-motion effect.
Expected ship date is June 2014: give us a shout if you’d like to be contacted for more information on price and exact delivery as we know it!
Technical specifications for the new α7S include:
- 12.2MP sensor optimized for 4k and low light video
- Fast Intelligent AF in light as low as EV -4 (same as the α7R)
- New-generation RGB filter with gapless on-chip lens design
- Uncompressed 4:2:2 Full HD and 4K QFHD output via HDMI
- 50Mbps XAVC S 1920×1080 at 60P, 1280×720 at 120P
- Pro-workflow w/ Picture Profile, S-Log2 and time code
- High contrast 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ EVF
- 3.0″ 1.23M dot LCD tilts for high and low angle framing
- Audio level controls, AAC/Linear PCM, optional XLR kit
- Compatible w/ Sony E-mount lenses and many others (with adapter)
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi® or NFC
- PlayMemories™ Camera Apps allows feature upgrades
Englewood Camera is pleased to announce that two of our main product lines are offering new models this fall!
Announced this morning from Fujifilm are the latest addition to the X-Series lineup: the X-E2 and the X-Q2.
Key features of the X-E2:
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- Start up time of .5; shutter lag is only .05 seconds!
- Incredible AF speed of .08 seconds
- New Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) for improved image quality
- High resolution 2.36 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- 3″ (1.04 million dot) premium clear LCD screen with high contrast, high brightness and wide viewing angle
- In camera RAW converter
- Full HD movie mode
- Artistic features: multiple exposure, panoramic, toy camera, dynamic tone, pop color and more
The X-E2 body will retail at $999.99, or you can purchase with the XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 lens for $1,399.99. Expected delivery is late November.
The new X-Q1 is an exciting new digital compact camera with the following key features:
- 12 megapixel 2/3″ X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- EXR Processor II offers fast start up time of .5 seconds, shutter lag of .15 seconds, and shooting interval of .3 seconds
- Fast auto focus speed of .06 seconds
- 4x intelligent digital zoom (equivalent of 25-100mm in 35mm format); lens offers f/1.8-f/4.9 variable aperture
- In-camera RAW converter
- Full HD movie
- ISO range of 100-12,800
Availability is estimated for late October, and selling price is $499.99
Announced earlier this week from Sony are two exciting new cameras: the Alpha 7R and DSC-RX10.
Key features of the Alpha 7R:
- Full frame 36.3 megapixel resolution with 14-bit RAW processing
- Fully compatible with Sony E-Mount lenses and new full frame lenses
- High contrast 2.4-million dot EVF (electronic view finder) for eye-level framing
- Wi-Fi enabled to seamlessly transfer images to smartphones or tablets
- New high-speed BIONZ X image processor
- Full HD movie at 24/p/60i/60p with uncompressed HDMI output
- Fast, intelligent AF fir responsive, accurate, and optimized for full frame sensor
Body only is estimated at $2,299.99 retail price.
Sony’s latest compact Cybershot camera offers these key features:
- 20.2 megapixel Exmor R 1″ CMOS sensor
- Awesome 24-200mm f/2.8 Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- Simple connectivity to smartphones and tablets via Wi-Fi
- Advanced noise reduction and maximum ISO of 12,800
- Full HD movie with exposure control at 60p/24p
- Smooth precise control ring for P/A/S/M operating modes
- RAW or JPG files
Estimated retail price is $1,299.99.